Monday, July 23, 2007

Moving....again.

Well, we are packing our stuff for what seems like the hundredth time! For anyone not up to speed on our lives, we have moved once a year for the last 4 years, and so this will be move #5...but luckily we are only moving like 6 blocks this time. And, as an added bonus, we are probably going to be blessed with 95 degree weather and upwards of 90% humidity...so basically, the sweat will be running like water. :0

Elijah has apparently entered the "fall asleep in random places" phase of his life, and so we were able to take this photo while he was "watching" cartoons.

Two days ago I had taken a break from some serious packing, and was able to get the camera out just in time to catch this photo of a notorious pirate running around our apartment, yelling "I a pirate....jump!"

I have been trying my hand at ebay lately, and was doing pretty well at first, but apparently I just had a run of dumb luck in which the random object from around the house that I had chosen was actually desired by some strange person in either New York or L.A. (with names like Ford Zenabou, and Arubusa Heimendinger-something-or-other). Alas, my luck has failed, and the latest round of clutter I had hoped to turn into profit has proven to be much less desirable. Who knew that a broken computer moniter would sell much faster than a signed, framed, original drawing of Ray Charles? It is a crazy world I tell ya!!

Kim and Elijah and I went for another ultrasound today, and it was confirmed that our baby will most likely be a little girl. Together with the doctor we stared at the strange ink-blot-like shapes that grew and danced in black and white and grey in the odd, rounded portion of the monitor. Every once in a while, the doctor would intimate to us things such as "Those are the ventricles, see, right there, and there are four, which is just how it should be.", or "Mmmm...that thoracic arch looks normal...and the septum too." To these we would reply, "Oh..um, ok, that's good.", while straining our eyes to attempt to figure out what exactly we were supposed to see before he deftly changed the views. However, the good news is that after ten minutes of that, the doctor said that everything looks great (heart, bone structure, kidneys, etc.)! So that is definitely nice news to hear. I was slightly disappointed, though. The doctors had made this ultrasound seem different and more important than the other by calling it a "Level-Two" ultrasound. Ignorantly, I had assumed that up until today I had been forced to view my children through lowly "Level-One" ultrasounds, and that now I would be seeing a crisp, clear picture of our baby, maybe even 3-D, with the blue and red glasses and everything! But, alas, no such luck, and I was not able to tell any sort of differnce, or advantage, between the level one and two systems. Oh well, at least our baby is healthy! :)

No comments: